Facilities at the Medical School
The University of Minnesota Medical School, in partnership with its affiliates, preceptors, community physicians, and other health care professionals, offers a variety of classroom, laboratory, and clinical learning environments for our medical students, residents and fellows. On both the primary Twin Cities campus and the rural medicine-oriented Duluth campus, classrooms, laboratories, and faculty offices are in close proximity, facilitating professional and scientific interactions and communication.
On the Twin Cities campus:
- Moos Tower houses health sciences classrooms and seminar rooms, laboratories, health sciences student areas, and a coffee shop.
- Phillips-Wangensteen Building houses outpatient clinics, a clinical amphitheater, the Health Sciences Learning Center, and a full-service cafeteria (Outside In).
- Bio-Medical Library, located in Diehl Hall, provides access to a wealth of material, as well as offering information-management training.
- The Mayo Memorial Building houses Medical School administrative offices, medical student lounge (Adytum), outpatient clinics, the Mayo Auditorium, and classrooms.
- Nils Hasselmo Hall houses laboratories, faculty offices and meeting rooms.
- Jackson Hall houses basic science offices and laboratories, as well as classrooms.
- The Molecular and Cellular Biology Building, shared with the College of Biological Sciences, contains classrooms, offices, and laboratories.
- Lions Research Laboratory, McGuire Translational Research Facility (home to the Stem Cell Institute), and the Center for Magnetic Resonance Research are located in the Biomedical Discovery District.
- Other facilities include the University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview; University of Minnesota Amplatz Children's Hospital; other affiliated hospitals (Veterans Administration Medical Center, Hennepin County Medical Center, Regions Hospital); Variety Club Heart and Research Center; Masonic Cancer Center; and Veterans of Foreign Wars Cancer Research Center.
On the Duluth campus:
- The Medical School, Duluth Campus is housed in a single building with classrooms, offices, research laboratories, and centers including a 65-seat computerized testing facility, medical student lounge, private study and small group learning space, Simulation Center (with SimMan, Noelle and SimBaby) and the Duluth Medical Research Institute (DRMI).
- The Medical School, Duluth Campus is physicaly connected to the branch of the College of Pharmacy and the rest of the University of Minnesota Duluth campus allowing for easy access to the UMD library, exercise facilities, food services and computer/bookstore.