The University of Minnesota Medical School uses a program-level learning management system (LMS) to advance the online presence of our courses and clerkships, both for accreditation requirements and to improve the LMS experience for medical students. Currently, the LMS used for first- and second-year courses on both campuses and required clerkships in years three and four is BlackBag.
BlackBag helps our school to:
- Meet program-level LCME accreditation search requirements.
- Consolidate multiple systems for curriculum mapping, content management, reporting, and tracking.
- Increase the online presence and standardization of course/clerkship content and operations.
- Provide a consistent LMS experience for medical students horizontally across courses/clerkships and vertically across all years/campuses.
- Build a more in-depth LMS community across the curriculum: support, integration, best practices, and innovation.
BlackBag guides are coming soon.
Guest instructors or staff who do not have a University Internet ID:
Contact the Course Manager or Clerkship Coordinator to request access.