Forwarding Voice Mail Messages to an Email Account
How do I forward my Gopher Messaging voicemail to an e-mail account?
- Log into your account (instructions below)
- Click Options.
- Click Mail Filters (under Message Management)
- Click Edit in upper right hand area
- In the box below Forward to E-mail Addresses (,separated) enter
your University e-mail address (and any others you want to be notified at separated
by commas). For example:
- yourX500@umn.edu, yourself@MSN.com, Me@yahoo.com
- Check the Forward All Mails Enabled box.
- If you want to keep a copy of the message in Gopher Messaging, check the Keep a Copy box.
- Click Update.
Go to http://go4msg.umn.edu. Your username is your 5-digit extension @um.umn.edu (e.g.: firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you are logging in for the first time, your temporary online password is your 5-digit extension followed by an exclamation point (e.g.: 51234!).
You are prompted to change your "email password." This is not your University email password! Instead, use your temporary online voicemail password (e.g.: 51234!)
If you log in to the online mailbox first, you are prompted to change both your phone password and your online password.
You can also download step-by-step instructions for setting up your mailbox.